This weekend I am quite busy presenting modern monetary economics to two Greens events. You can see the details below. If you are interested in coming along I am sure you will be welcome.
Saturday: Sydney Greens Forum – The Full Employment Revolution
On Saturday (July 26, 2009), I will talking at a public forum hosted by the Sydney Greens. The Forum aims to go “Beyond the Green New Deal” to explore what we might consider to be a full employment revolution. The aim is to achieve the social transformation that will be required to beat the climate and financial crises
– Professor Bill Mitchell, Centre of Full Employment and Equity, University of Newcastle
– Kevin Robbie, Social Ventures Australia
– Lee Rhiannon, NSW Greens Upper House MP and lead Senate candidate
Time: 15:00 – 17:00
Location: Sydney Mechanics School of Arts, 280 Pitt St, Sydney.
Sunday: Global crises, local solutions: the financial crisis, climate change and transitions to a new economy
This coming Sunday (July 26, 2009) I am off to Adelaide to take my place on a panel – 10-15 minute presentations from panellist followed by a conversation amongst the panellists, ending with questions from the floor and open discussion.
The panelists are:
– Senator Bob Brown, Parliamentary Leader, Australian Greens
– Professor Bill Mitchell, Centre of Full Employment and Equity
– Margaret Blakers, Director, Green Institute
Time: 11:15 – 13:00
Location: Adelaide Festival Centre, Lyrics Room/Lyrics Lounge, accessed at the AFC Northern Entrance off King William Street, King William Road, Adelaide.
Tuesday: SBS Insight program
Tuesday sees me in Brisbane for a live appearance on the SBS Insight program – from 19:30. More details on Monday.